I will admit and completely own that I was a cranky pants this past week. Work is insanely busy which is awesome but also exhausting. I have a bunch of exciting events coming up with my family and friends that require planning, coordinating and purchasing things. I certainly felt like time escaped me this weeks, like running so fast in quick sand and getting no where.
As Friday came and I ended my work week, I thought about what felt like the longest five days of my life. Yes, it was busy. Yes, it was stressful and yes, I felt like there was zero time to get anything done. BUT looking back, there were some sweet silver lining moments:
– The sun shined really bright this week. Maybe not every day, but at least a few.
– The girls on my team at work are exceptional and made me feel like a rockstar this week, even after a few learning curve mistakes.
– Someone took the time out of their day to give me constructive feedback that I found very helpful.
– I sat on my couch Saturday night and did absolutely nothing. Hello paradise.
– Nana was the happiest I’ve seen her in months yesterday, with her daughters, grandchildren and a home-cooked meal before her. She was beaming, despite being in a neck brace and having a broken arm.
When you look at these instances, they are truly little moments; no major life-changing events or celebrity sightings. While during the week it was hard to see these moments, looking back, it’s times like these that are the most special and most memorable. No matter how rough your week or how bad your life seems, there’s always a sweet silver lining hidden somewhere. Remember to look for and be grateful for them.
Tagged: Happiness, Kate Voegele, Memories, Positive Thinking, Stress, Sweet Silver Linings, Time, Work
Leave a Reply