Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope you are with family and friends, enjoying good food all day long. I have my elastic pants ready to go and the parade is already on!
Throughout the month of November, I’ve seen lots of my Facebook friends post something they are thankful for each day. While admirable, I knew I could not keep up each day. So in honor of Thanksgiving, below are my 30 days of thankful, one for each day of November.
I am thankful for:
1) the greatest group of girlfriends anyone could possibly ask for.
2) being raised to have macaroni and meatballs every Sunday while the Giants game plays in the background.
3) a nine and ten year-old who expect nothing from me and who still love cuddling.
4) my 20 year-old brother. While he can be challenging, life would not be the same without him, especially for my parents.
5) being close to the greatest city in the world and for getting to see the bright lights of Times Square almost everyday.
6) all of my amazing co-workers who make sure work doesn’t always feel like work, especially the two women to the right who let me be myself and make each day fun.
7) being a part of the wedding of the year and getting to see my friend so extremely happy.
8) the ability to travel and see so many great places.
9) Scandal, Grey’s Anatomy, Chicago Fire and Glee that allow me to escape reality for a couple of hours each week.
10) seeing sunsets in California.
11) wine and cheese.
12) my running buddy, who challenges me to push myself further and to be a better person.
13) job security and doing work I believe in.
14) long distance friendships that can pick up exactly where they left off.
15) being real-world ready thanks to my Temple University education.
16) my parents who love me more than anything in the world and who make me laugh so incredibly hard.
17) my previous job as a Resident Assistant; a job that taught me how to respond in an emergency and where I met so many amazing people.
18) for FaceTime, instagram and Skype..so I can see those I care about almost whenever I want.
19) these beautiful little girls and all my little cousins who let me be a kid whenever I want.
20) the Dunkin Donuts, Wells Fargo ATM and Duane Reed in Penn Station because I typically forget something on my commute in.
21) my large, loud, crazy and stubborn Italian family. Without them, I don’t make sense.
22) good music and dance parties.
23) club rockstar.
24) planes, trains and buses that get me where I need to be.
25) heated mattress covers
27) my guardian angels who manage to keep me safe and watch over me morning, noon and night.
28) a Thanksgiving feast that will be complete in time for the 8:30pm football game.
29) Santa Claus, Elf on the Shelf and the magic of Christmas.
30) outstanding grandparents, who spoil me and share all of our family stories with me.